2008-10-21

MISSING: Try-before-you-buy stores

This is my first entry in the MISSING category, and it encompasses any kind of try-before-you-buy store. Here are the most prominent categories:

- video games (more specifically the games themselves, not the systems
- headphones
- "consumer electronics" (e.g. mp3 player)

I understand that it's likely you can ask a sales associate to demonstrate some of these, but that's a lot of hassle for something you may not buy, and then you have to deal with the social pressure of having the salesperson right in front of you to refuse.

I'm the kind of shopper that wants to be left alone. If I have a pressing question, then I will seek out assistance. Therefore, I'm very interested in having the ability to try things like these before buying them.

No comments: